DNB - Ophthalmology, MNAMS, FMRF | Consultant Vitreo-Retinal Surgeon | Retina Fellow, Sankara Nethralaya (Chennai)
A Native of Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, he Graduated in 2001 from Bharti Vidyapeeth Medical College in Pune and completed his Diplomate of National Board of Ophthalmology from Pune's finest dedicated super-specialty hospital called H. V. Desai Eye Hospital. He pursued an Ophthalmic Research Fellowship and a long term Vitreo-Retinal surgical fellowship till 2010, from Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai. Later in 2011, he served as a Consultant Vitreo-Retinal Surgeon at Sankara Nethralaya, Bengaluru.
- His paper on Childhood Blindness in Maharashtra was awarded the Best Post Graduate Paper at State Conference – MOSCON in 2004 and was later published by the British Journal of Ophthalmology in 2006.
- Later on, he also co-authored a book chapter on Retinoblastoma in Tumours of the Eye (Ocular Oncology).
- Having keen interest in Diabetes and its Ocular-Inflictions, Dr. Sudhir along with other specialists, conduct campaigns to bring the diabetes epidemic under control by means of didactic lectures, awareness programs and social media platforms
Dr. Sudhir specialises in the treatment of Vitreo-Retinal disorders, Neuro-Ophthalmology, Uvea & Inflammatory Eye diseases, Glaucoma and Retinopathy of Prematurity. Starting from his early days of residency and his tenure with Sankara Nethralaya Dr. Sudhir has contributed to the profession by writing several research papers that have been published in national & international journals.
Besides being abreast of Medical research, literature, books, and journals in his leisure time, he also indulges in photography & reading.
Committed to delivering quality healthcare through professional excellence and ethical practice in a homely environment, he founded the Insight Eye Care & Laser Centre with his wife and partner Dr. Amruta Padhye Sudrik in 2012. Both continue to serve the community at the finest Super-Specialty Eye Hospital in suburban Mumbai.
DNB - Ophthalmology, MNAMS, FICO (UK) | Consultant Ophthalmologist | Phaco & Refractive Eye Surgeon
Hailing from Mumbai, Dr. Amruta finished her schooling as a topper to study medicine & graduated from Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai in 2004. She further obtained her Diplomate of National Board of Ophthalmology while serving at H. V. Desai Hospital, Pune in 2007. Her first job was as a Consultant Ophthalmologist at the Rajan Eye Care Hospital, Chennai from 2008 till 2010. Later on, she served as Honorary Consultant Ophthalmologist at the Blind Relief Hospital, Vasai.
- During her career span, she has been awarded with the Fellowship of International Council of Ophthalmologist – UK in 2008 as well as F.I.C.O. (UK) while working at Rajan Eye Care Hospital as a Consultant Ophthalmologist in 2009.
- Additionally, she has authored & co-authored several research papers on the Prevalence of Uncorrected Refractive Errors & Other Eye Problems among Urban & Rural School children which were published in the Middle East African Journal of Ophthalmology Vol.
- She has remained proactive in the field and made several presentations, such as ‘Assessment of Corneal Parameters in Normal Indian eyes with the Pentacam at Annual TNOA Conference’ in Coimbatore 2009; Scheimpflug Corneal Topographic Characteristics of Normal Indian Eyes at ALOC Kolkata Jan, 2010; and Scheimpflug Corneal Topographic Characteristics of Normal Indian Eyes at Boston Apr, 2010.
Since the early days of her residency, she had developed a keen interest in the field of Paediatric Ophthalmology. During her field work for dissertation on Prevalence of Uncorrected Refractive Errors in Urban & Rural School Children, she came across a whole new genre of treatable blindness in young kids and since then has been doing extensive work through various camps & awareness programs, screening about 25,000 school children till date for refractive errors.
Meet the Team
Highly trained professionals ready to provide the best treatment, be gentle and give you a pleasant experience
Dr. Deepti PimpleOculoplastic surgeon
Amazing specialist in promoting health and disease prevention
She uses her skills to give beautiful smiles to our patients
Paul ThompsonCosmetic Dentist
Our veteran dental specialist, experienced in all dentistry fields
Jane WatkinsDental Nurse
Assisting our doctors, allowing them to show their potential